2020 Club Championships
Despite COVID restrictions, the Club Championships ran throughout the Summer, culminating in finals day on September 5th. Weather was hot and sunny, a free BBQ was laid on and a good crowd of spectators (following social distancing rules) was in attendance. Congratulations to all the winners and to all the members who entered. Winner details are below:
- Ladies Singles winner was Willene Botha who won against Sarah Armitage
- Mens singles winner was Tim Armitage who won against Chris Dexter
- Mens doubles winners were Matt Bayliss-Binks and Tim Armitage who won against Chris and Will Dexter (going to the wire 10-8 in a deciding tiebreak)
- Ladies doubles winners were Catherine Bothwright and Sheila Scott who won against Jane Campbell and Karen Bossom
- Mixed doubles Final to be arranged
This is a fun tournament played between mixed pairs. Ladies and men are drawn randomly to form a pair. Pairs play each other on a ‘Round Robin’ basis, in each round there are 8 matches- 4 with your partner then the ladies swap around and the modified pairs play another 4 matches. Everybody serves once in each 4 games. For every game your pair wins each man and lady in that pair get a point. After all rounds are complete the two ladies and two men who have accumulated the most individual points then contest the Final.
This year the Finalists were Willene Botha, Angela Curtis, Matt Bayliss- Binks and David White. David won the Mens trophy and Angela won the ladies trophy. Pictures below.