Welcome to our club events.
Welcome – we are a small sociable club with events on and off the courts throughout the year. Details of up-coming events are on the calendar below. To join in an event contact Keith Birt or Jacky Carthy our Social Secretaries
Tuesday evening club sessions restart 11 August, from 6 pm. Limited initially to 24, NHS Track & Trace register in operation.
Saturday club sessions resumed in July
WAGS to resume 2pm Wednesday 19 August
All club sessions to resume from Wednesday 2 December. Track & Trace register to be completed
Coach contact details: Rob Stone mobile 07713 152254, Sally Utting mobile 07974 722551, Rob Ventin 07729 683454
- Adult coaching sessions currently are:
- Doubles clinics: Wednesday 5pm – 6pm, 6pm – 7pm Contact Rob Ventin to join
- Technique class: Saturday 3pm – 4pm and 4pm – 5pm £10 per session. Contact Rob Ventin to book at email@example.com
- ALL ROUND IMPROVEMENT sessions with coach Rob Stone on Mondays 7, 14, 21, and 28 September 6.30 – 7.30pm. Contact Rob Stone on 07713 152254 to book your place.
- Private sessions by appointment. Contact Rob Stone, Sally Utting or Rob Ventin direct to arrange.
- Junior coaching (for dates below please contact Sally Utting or Rob Stone direct):
- 7, 14, 21, 28 September: Tots 3.45pm to 4.15pm, 4.15pm to 5.45pm for older juniors. Price for the 4 week course is £32.
The Club Championships ran throughout the Summer, culminating in finals day on September 5th. Weather was hot and sunny, a free BBQ was laid on an good crowd of spectators (following social distancing rules) was in attendance. Congratulations to all the winners and to all the members who entered. Winner details are below:
- Ladies Singles winner was Willene Botha who won against Sarah Armitage
- Mens singles winner was Tim Armitage who won against Chris Dexter
- Mens doubles winners were Matt Bayliss-Binks and Tim Armitage who won against Chris and Will Dexter (going to the wire 10-8 in a deciding tiebreak)
- Ladies doubles winners were Catherine Bothwright and Sheila Scott who won against Jane Campbell and Karen Bossom
- Mixed doubles Final to be arranged
This is a fun tournament played between mixed pairs. Ladies and men are drawn randomly to form a pair. Pairs play each other on a ‘Round Robin’ basis, in each round there are 8 matches- 4 with your partner then the ladies swap around and the modified pairs play another 4 matches. Everybody serves once in each 4 games. For every game your pair wins each man and lady in that pair get a point. After all rounds are complete the two ladies and two men who have accumulated the most individual points then contest the Final.
This year the Finalists were Willene Botha, Angela Curtis, Matt Bayliss- Binks and David White. David won the Mens trophy and Angela won the ladies trophy. Pictures below.
Members can now book court time online, to book please click the button below that will take you to our bookings.