Our exciting NEW Junior Offering
The club welcomes and encourages competitive and fun tennis for all standards of players and new joiners, regardless of Juniors age, with a friendly modern vibe. This season we are making improvements to develop our Young Junior section – for both NEW and existing players who have enjoyed coaching sessions in previous years.
For Junior players (up to 13 years old and beyond) we are looking to offer more tennis events and fun days to grow tennis participation and encourage more regular involvement with the club throughout the season. Mindful of current social distancing guidelines!
New Juniors joining will receive their Sonning tennis baseball cap available at Family and coaching sessions.
Coaching & Family events
Enjoy time with your family and meet others at a new allocated time for families. These sessions run in Summer months on Sundays from 11am (subject to relaxation rules). 3 courts available from 11am – 1pm through our booking system. These family focused sessions only run for the Summer and will end 6 September. The club’s Junior development member operates a Family only WhatsApp group to enable like minded families to arrange family matches etc. Your consent to be added has been given unless you ‘ticked’ to opt out on the Membership form. Further, a NEW Junior Instagram page is being planned to enable Juniors to communicate more easily are arrange tennis matches. Watch this space!!
Junior Club dates for your diary!
- Loudwell Cup – Parent & Junior fun tournament Saturday 22ndAugust
- Christmas Pizza and Play- Sunday 6th December
- Other events to follow subject to interest and sign up …….
Contact Rob Stone, Sally Utting or Rob Ventin direct (contact details below) OR email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. Please note current LTA guidance suggests sessions should be limited to group sizes of no more than six, including coach(es). The following coaching options are offered:
- AFTER SCHOOL: During school term time in autumn, spring and summer, we have Monday afternoon coaching sessions running from 3.45pm to 5.45pm. These are 45 minute sessions which are grouped by ability
- SCHOOL HOLIDAYS:Fun, coached sessions for 7 years and above, grouped by ability
- Summer holiday camps: 3 – 6 August, 17 – 20 August
- AUTUMN COURSE: September 7,14,21 and 28
- Other coaching sessions available on request
Sessions according to age
14 and over teenagers by arrangement with the coaches and must hold full junior membership
For more details or to enrol contact Sally Utting on 07974722551 or email email@example.com PLEASE NOTE Individuals taking part in coaching must have Junior membership from April 1st and court practice outside coaching times young Juniors, or Full Juniors to age 13, will require family membership or other adult supervision.
Child Protection and Junior Policies
Sonning Tennis club provide tennis opportunities for all age groups and all standards of play. Above all, members are encouraged to support and respect other players. Our policies are defined with these principles in mind.In order to provide a safe club for all our junior members, and to keep you up to date with club activities, we need you to tell us some information about your child.
Junior Club etiquette
Please read our NEW Junior Etiquette guidance and discuss the details with any Junior members in your household.
The club has introduced a temporary court booking system for you this can be accessed via the Club Events page.
What do I need to do?
- Please book a court before turning up to play to avoid unnecessary journeys
- Remember to maintain social distancing from your friend on the court
- Limit practice/tennis play time to an hour.
- The clubhouse remains ‘closed’ although access is still permitted to members for the First Aid kit or access to toilet.
- Bring your own equipment
- Use hand sanitizer before and after entering the court as well as after leaving the court.
- Remember to lock everything and leave the net up !
- Under 13s should always be supervised either by a member adult on court or non-member adult beside the court to ensure club rules are followed
Fully Licensed LTA coach
Junior Tennis Development
Fully registered LTA coach
Fully Licensed LTA coach