Welcome to Sonning Tennis Club (est 1946)
Sonning Tennis Club is a friendly village tennis club. We are LTA-registered and located on the Berkshire & Oxford border in the village of Sonning near the river Thames. The club welcomes players of all ages and abilities and provide plenty of opportunities to take part in both competitive and social tennis.
Group and individual coaching are available, we also run tournaments and social events and enter men’s, ladies and mixed teams into the Berkshire leagues and club sessions are offered throughout the week.
The club reopened on Monday March 29th in accordance with Government & LTA guidelines and new members are always welcome. The new season began 1 April, a new adult membership is £100 and a family membership is £210 for unlimited play across 3 courts. See Join Us for full details. The courts were repainted and sealed in April 2021, blue courts green surrounds and are fantastic to play on! Some pics below to show how they look….
Queen’s Platinum Jubilee celebration
On Monday 30th May, the club hosted a day of junior tennis as part of the week long celebrations arranged by Sonning village committee. The club was proud to have been asked and was excited about being part of the events. 2 LTA registered club coaches ran the events for the club, funded by Sonning Fire Brigade Trust, along the lines of holiday tennis camps, including coaching, games and fun tournaments.
What we offer
- Club session – turn up and play with other members of all abilities. No need to book.
- Use the booking system to reserve a court and play your own private matches whenever you want.
- Coaching – Adults and juniors, individuals and groups
- Social events – a variety of activities throughout the year
- Tournaments – for adults and juniors
- League matches – for those who wish to play competitive tennis with other clubs in Berkshire throughout the year. Summer & Winter league matches are played
- Members can invite Guests along to play. Please refer to Policies page for conditions.
For any further queries contact the Club Chairman Tim Banks via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org