Welcome to Sonning Tennis Club (we are 75 years old!)
The club is Open and all club sessions are being run
If you want to join, visit our ‘Join Us’ page for online forms
The courts were repainted 20 April in blue/ green
75th Anniversary celebration. See ‘About Us’ page for details.
Sonning Tennis Club is a friendly village tennis club originally founded in 1946. We are LTA-registered and located on the Berkshire & Oxford border in the village of Sonning near the river Thames. The club welcomes players of all ages and abilities and provide plenty of opportunities to take part in both competitive and social tennis.
Group and individual coaching are available, we also run tournaments and social events and enter men’s, ladies and mixed teams into the Berkshire leagues and club sessions are offered throughout the week.
The club reopened on Monday March 29th in accordance with Government & LTA guidelines and new members are always welcome. The new season began 1 April, a new adult membership is £100 and a family membership is £210 for unlimited play across 3 courts. See Join Us for full details. The courts were repainted and sealed in April, blue courts green surrounds and are fantastic to play on! Some pics below to show how they look….
What we offer
- Club session – turn up and play with other members of all abilities
- Coaching – Adults and juniors, individuals and groups
- Social events – a variety of activities throughout the year
- Tournaments – for adults and juniors
- League matches – for those who wish to play competitive tennis with other clubs in Berkshire
- Members can invite Guests along to play. Please refer to Policies page for conditions.
Full details on this website. Any further queries contact the Club Chairman Tim Banks