Family Club Session
October to May on Court 1, along side Adult session (Courts 2 & 3) Sunday 2-4pm.
June to Sept Sunday 4-5.30pm on all courts
The club welcomes and encourages competitive and fun tennis for all standards of players and new joiners, regardless of Juniors age, with a friendly modern vibe. This season we are making improvements to develop our Young Junior section – for both NEW and existing players who have enjoyed coaching sessions in previous years.
For Junior players (up to 13 years old and beyond) we are looking to offer more tennis events and fun days to grow tennis participation and encourage more regular involvement with the club throughout the season. Mindful of current social distancing guidelines!
New Juniors joining will receive their Sonning tennis baseball cap available at Family and coaching sessions.
For further information please email email Coaching@sonningtennis.com
Contact Rob Stone, Sally Utting or Rob Ventin direct (contact details below) OR email email@example.com for more information. Please note current LTA guidance suggests sessions should be limited to group sizes of no more than six, including coach(es). The following coaching options are offered:
- AFTER SCHOOL: During school term time in autumn, spring and summer, we have Monday afternoon coaching sessions running from 3.45pm to 5.45pm. These are 45 minute sessions which are grouped by ability
- SCHOOL HOLIDAYS:Fun, coached sessions for 7 years and above, grouped by ability
- OTHER COACHING available on request
For 2022 coaching dates follow this link
Child Protection and Junior Policies
Sonning Tennis club provide tennis opportunities for all age groups and all standards of play. Above all, members are encouraged to support and respect other players. Our policies are defined with these principles in mind. In order to provide a safe club for all our junior members, and to keep you up to date with club activities, we need you to tell us some information about your child.
Junior Code of Conduct
Please read our Junior Code of Practice guidance and discuss the details with any Junior members in your household.
The club runs Junior tournaments each year. Click here to see 2022 events.
These events need family support to make them as much fun for everybody as possible. If you feel that you can become a ‘Family co-ordinator’ to help conversations between families please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Sessions according to age
14 and over teenagers by arrangement with the coaches and must hold full junior membership
For more details or to enrol contact Sally Utting on 07974722551 or email email@example.com PLEASE NOTE Individuals taking part in coaching must have Junior membership from April 1st and court practice outside coaching times young Juniors, or Full Juniors to age 13, will require family membership or other adult supervision.
During COVID the club introduced a new booking system. This has worked well and has meant families can better plan their sessions. Here is a link to the booking system.
What do I need to do?
- Under 13s should always be supervised either by a member adult on court or non-member adult beside the court to ensure club rules are followed
- Please book a court before turning up to play to avoid unnecessary journeys
- Remember to maintain social distancing from your friend on the court
- Limit practice/tennis play time to an hour.
- The clubhouse remains ‘closed’ although access is still permitted to members for the First Aid kit or access to toilet.
- Bring your own equipment
- Use hand sanitizer before and after entering the court as well as after leaving the court.
- Remember to lock everything and lower the nets.
Fully Licensed LTA coach