Summer singles ladder underway. Don’t forget to arrange your matches. Winner announced on 26 August.
- The club hosted a Junior day as part of the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee. Great day had by all and a big thanks to our coaches for running the day.
- Well done to Mixed 1 team, having won promotion to league 3 in 2016 keep on pushing for promotion to league 2.
- The club has agreed to provide free coaching for Members again this year. Free adult coaching details
- 2022 Junior coaching calendar & prices announced. Details here
- The Court Booking system has been improved to allow Members to book & cancel court times.
- Club coach Rob Ventin offers a Racket re-stringing service. He can offer a range of strings, and information on what would be best for your style of tennis. Strings can make a huge difference in how your racquet plays and feels, and is important to get right. The strings he offers are constantly updated, so check back or enquire if you are after a specific type of string:
- Cost per racquet: £12
- Babolat RPM Blast: £8
- Head Synthetic Gut: £6
- The Courts were repainted and resealed on April 20, 2021 ..Here’s what they look like 🙂
- Conifer trees between the Courts and King George Field have been replaced with a young Beech hedge. This will take a couple of years to mature, but members seem to like to the new ‘open vista!’
- Club has just installed 3 new championship quality tennis nets
- The ‘conker’ trees alongside court 3 have been trimmed back by Sonning Parish Council.
- The court booking system introduced in 2020 has received positive member feedback and will be retained in future.
- 2022/23 Membership renewal underway, fees held at pre-covid rates.
- Committee Minutes and security code info can be viewed in Members Area.
- Spring 22 annual Newsletter just released. To view click here
- A new ‘mixed’ singles box league will be introduced in April. This will allow members to arrange and play more competitive singles
- A working party is planned for Sunday April 24th 2022 for an hour to complete some tidying up activities ahead of the new season. More details will be sent out nearer the time.
- Club Champions to run during July & August and Finals on 11 September 2022
- Spring American Tournament planned for 15 May and the Autumn American tournament planned for October 9th 2022
Remember “Play Safe, Stay Safe”
Welcome to our club events.
Members are allowed to invite Visitors to play, just remember to Email Finance@sonningtennis.com & firstname.lastname@example.org with your name plus the names of your guests and date(s) played. Rates are £3 per adult or older Junior or £5 per family. Visits per guest limited to 5. Payment should be made via bank transfer to club account.
On June 17th at 5.30pm the annual Sonning Village rounders match returns on King George’s playing field. There will be a bar and BBQ so this should be fun.
If you would like to join the Sonning Tennis Club Team please let Jane know by emailing J.Campbell@rhul.ac.uk
The Club is running a mixed singles ladder that will start within a few weeks. Let Jane know if you’d like to join by emailing J.Campbell@rhul.ac.uk with your email and phone contact details which will be sent to everyone who enters.
Skittles evening Sat 22 October
We are a small sociable club with events on and off the courts throughout the year. Details of some of the up-coming events can be seen below. Details about events will be communicated by the Social Secretaries nearer the time!
- 6 teams have been registered for the 2021 Berkshire Summer leagues: 2 mens’, 2 ladies’, 2 mixed. (See Matches page for fixtures & dates)
- Quiz night, Skittles & Pub games, Christmas meal, charity tournament, 75 Celebration activities all venues and dates to be published soon in the Spring Newsletter
- Junior Competitions hosted at SLTC are under discussion with Rob Ventin one of the club’s coaches.
- Quarterly member gatherings are arranged for local pubs to give people to catch up outside of tennis