STOP PRESS: Open Day Sunday 26 September 2-4pm
Kids Summer Tennis Camps running next 3 weeks between Tues/ Friday 9am to 12pm
- Congratulations to Angela Curtis & Tim Armitage winners of The Autumn American Tournament.
- Congratulations to the Winners of the Club Championships held on 5 September. For more details and pictures click here.
- The Hilary Moss Junior Boys tournament and family bbq was held on Sunday 5 September. Congratulations to Alfie & James who contested the Final, eventually won by Alfie
- Our second Open Day was held between 2-4pm Sunday 26. This was a great success, all courts were occupied throughout and our coach Rob Ventin was busy for the 2 hours delivering taster coaching sessions to the juniors who turned up.
- The Court Booking system has been improved to allow Members to cancel their bookings themselves.
- The club can offer a new Racket re-stringing service through Rob Ventin, club coach. He can offer a range of strings, and information on what would be best for your style of tennis. Strings can make a huge difference in how your racquet plays and feels, and is important to get right. The strings we offer will be constantly updated, so check back or enquire if you are after a specific type of string.
- Cost per racquet: £12
- Babolat RPM Blast: £8
- Head Synthetic Gut: £6
- Well done Angela Curtis & Chris Gibson for winning the Spring American tournament. More details click here.
- The Courts were repainted and resealed on April 20 and are now back open for play! ..Here’s what they look like 🙂
- Sonning tennis club was 75 years old this year…….. a weekend of events were held on weekend of 12 June. For pictures and more about the event click this link
- Conifer trees between the Courts and King George Field have been replaced with a young Beech hedge. This will take a couple of years to mature, but members seem to like to the new ‘open vista!’
- The court booking system introduced in 2020 has received positive member feedback and will be retained in future.
- The Clubhouse has been re-opened.
- 2021/22 Membership renewals (together with new members) puts club membership at 180 (including honoraries) as high as it’s ever been!.
- Committee Minutes can be viewed in Members Area.
- Spring 21 annual Newsletter here
Remember “Play Safe, Stay Safe”
Welcome to our club events.
We are a small sociable club with events on and off the courts throughout the year. Details of some of the up-coming events can be seen below. Details about events will be communicated by the Social Secretaries nearer the time!
- 6 teams have been registered for the 2021 Berkshire Summer leagues: 2 mens’, 2 ladies’, 2 mixed. (See Matches page for fixtures & dates)
- Quiz night, Skittles & Pub games, Christmas meal, charity tournament, 75 Celebration activities all venues and dates to be published soon in the Spring Newsletter
- Junior Competitions hosted at SLTC are under discussion with Rob Ventin one of the club’s coaches.
- Quarterly member gatherings are arranged for local pubs to give people to catch up outside of tennis